Working from home sanity.....
Mar 23, 2020
Just wanted to share what we have advised our staff in order to keep their sanity when working from home.
Here is a list of things we discussed on our virtual team meeting:
- They cannot be wedded to their desk all-day, have to schedule time in their diary away from their desk – go for a coffee in the kitchen, catch-up with the family in the lounge, even smell some flowers in the garden! Could they even use their normal commute time to go for a walk.....
- We are all checking in with each other 1-2-1 throughout the week.
- We have setup a couple of group sessions during the week to do something not work related
- www.skribble.io (online Pictionary)
- Trivia Quiz
- We are researching others
- Look to engage in different groups/forums that interest them.
- We have a 10am Teams (could do the same in slack) channel where we all put our tasks for the day to focus the mind and also share with the team.
- Weekly group meeting reporting back on work but also any tips/tricks anyone has picked up to help with the new ways of working.
- Establishing a new routine will be difficult for us all so keeping in regular contact is going to be really important.
Don’t forget our group too – nearly 1,000 other accountants in there so feel free to get involved -https://www.facebook.com/groups/appadvisoryessentials/
Keep the faith!